AHP20: The Mariners Handbook for Australian Waters (formerly the Seafarers Handbook for Australian Waters) is an official nautical publication providing mariners that with important maritime information from various Australian government agencies under the cover of one combined reference. It is expected that all commercial vessels operating in Australian waters carry and refer to the publication.
- The publication includes:
- Major Australian maritime legislation and regulations, and responsible agencies.
- Marine Protected Areas, regulations and responsible agencies.
- Coastal Pilotage arrangements.
- Torres Strait and Great Barrier Reef shipping routes, accident and incident reporting.
- Maritime Safety Information, meteorological broadcasts, Warnings, search and rescue.
- Ship Reporting Systems - AUSREP and REEFVTS.
- Maritime security, Customs, biosecurity, quarantine and immigration.
- Australian trading ports – Pilots, boarding arrangements, VHF Channels, ETA and port contact details.
- The regional climatic environment.
- Key contact information for each relevant government agency and links to further information.